Friday, January 27, 2012

A soft place to land

Jane, Our Bible study teacher is BIG on all of us finding a place to sit and just be....
Be alone with the Lord;
Not to mention...
Be away from the television, be in complete and total hiding from our children, Be out of reach when someone is trying to call us on the phone, Be out of pocket for some time sucker such as paying bills, cooking a meal ....
You get the point.
In my last house, this room, was such the place. Overlooking the garden, I planted butterfly bushes that came up and slapped themselves against the glass.  I used to sit there, on that yellow squishy sofa where I would drink my coffee and stare out the window at the humming birds coming to feed. Nestled amongst the jungle I put out a bird feeder, the squirrels trying to steal the seeds were almost as endearing as watching the humming birds.
This room was a total disaster when I first bought the house. The floor slanted so I had to level it; and covered the floor with brick pavers. I brought in my favorite furniture for my favorite room. On the shelf towards the back, sat all our family photo albums. Some are stuffed with baby pictures, some are magazine cutouts I have saved for many years and have them even today.
I encourage you to create a quiet special place in your home....just you, the Lord and the humming birds and just Be.....

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment